The-Latest Ltd (for The-Latest.com) recognises that diversity and inclusion help to support creativity and innovation. We are committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion and ensuring there is no discrimination in our company. We want our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society. We want our company to be one in which every employee and freelancer feels respected and able to give of their best.
To that end, this policy provides a framework of equality and fairness for all who work with us. It expresses our commitment not to discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital status (including civil partnerships), race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
All freelancers and employees, whether part-time, full-time or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect. Selection for employment, whether as a member of staff or as a freelancer, will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. Access to opportunities for promotion, training or any other benefit will also be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All employees will be encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be fully utilised to maximise the creativity and success of the company.
- Actively seek to increase the number of people we work with who are from groups/communities that are under-represented in the creative industry as a whole, or in particular job roles in the industry.
- Review all our formal and informal employment/hiring practices and procedures to ensure they are fair and help us to identify the best talent.
- Ensure reasonable adjustments are made to enable disabled people to work in or with our company.
- Actively seek to increase the diversity of our pool of talent.
- Create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our staff and freelancers are recognised and valued.
- Ensure every employee and freelancer is able to work in an environment that promotes dignity and respect for all of them. We will not tolerate any form of intimidation, bullying or harassment.
- Ensure training, development and progression opportunities are available to all those people who work for the company.
We will monitor the success of this policy regularly and review our progress at least once a year.